Saturday, October 25, 2008

The Day After Thanksgiving

If you are looking for something fun to do with your family on the day after Thanksgving, here is one option. You are welcome to join the Jensen-Ward Family for a trip to the Grand Canyon Caverns. The caverns are about 45 minutes to an hour outside of Kingman. It is a large hole in the ground that is fun to explore. It has an interesting history too. The cost is $14.95 per adult and $9.95 per child and children under the age of 4 are free. Now, if that sounds a bit pricey, it is. However, if 10 of us are going, we are all $9.95. Yes, that's right, you will save $5 by going as a group. The largest the group size can be is 24.

The Grand Canyon Caverns offers tours from 10 AM until 4PM. If you don't want to go, but you would like to send your mature cave exploring child, that would be fine too. I'm sure we can arrange rides for all of the big kids and grown-ups who want to go.

I called the Caverns and they said they are not that busy the day after Thanksgiving, so it won't be a crazy place to go. I can even book a tour time in advance. I don't have to put money down to book a tour, I just need to know how many would be going in our group. I went on the tour 7 or 8 years ago with Mitchell and Grant and we loved it. I hope you will join us on this adventure!

5 comments:

Rob N Amy said...

Do you have to pay in cash? I am not sure if we are going. I have to talk to the other half.

Brent and Haley said...

Yes they take cash and credit. Madi would enjoy the cave experience.

McKinley's said...

The McKinley's are not going to be up for any more extra driving. Your gonna have to get some pics for us! Have fun!

Mike, Amy and Kids said...

Do Colby and Cayden qualify to be "mature cave exploring children" I think they do...... I obviously am not going to be up to it being 30 weeks prego at the time, but I know they would really LOVE it... let me know what you think and yes we will send Cayden "asthma" equipped.

Brent and Haley said...

Cayden & Colby will love it! They are such good kids.
Toni, you are welcome to send your kids. I'm sure they would enjoy a day with their cousins. At least the older 2 or 3 might.